The Tualatin Rotary Mentor Scholarship
Tualatin Rotary Club offers a scholarship each year to a junior at Tualatin High School who best meets the following criteria:
- Impressions of family need
- First-generation college student
- Demonstrated record of service to the community
- Scholarship success and potential for future success
- Recommendations by school staff
- Willingness to work with an adult mentor and attend occasional Rotary meetings
- Goals to attend any accredited institution in Oregon for post high school studies
In February, the Rotary program scholarship leader will contact the Tualatin HS Multicultural Coordinator for identifying potential students in their junior year who aspire to college, who best meet the above criteria, and who would welcome mentoring and financial support for their goals. The high school staff then selects up to four juniors in March who will be asked to complete a short, written application, and then be interviewed by Rotarians.
The award recipient is selected by Rotarians in April. The selected student receives ongoing mentoring from a Rotarian, and $4,000 each year up to four years of college in Oregon, for a total of $16,000. To continue to receive the scholarship, the award recipient is expected to make satisfactory progress in post high school studies, as well as to stay in contact with their Tualatin Rotary mentor. Tualatin Rotary has awarded over $125,000 in scholarship money over the past twelve years.
If you are a junior at Tualatin HS who thinks you may qualify for this scholarship, please see your school counselor, or see the Multicultural Coordinator at the high school in January- early February.